Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My other Angel Child - Janie

Since Karina, who I am a prayer warrior for, is no longer available for international adoption, I thought it would be a good time to introduce the other child that I am a guardian angel for (I continue to pray for Karina, of course, and hope you will too, even if we can't advocate or fundraise for her).
 I first noticed Janie just over a year ago, in June 2011, at which time she had $0 in her fund. I was moved to send her a donation, and evidently other people were as well, because by the end of July her fund had grown to $1500!  In the past year, it has grown by another $1000 - but still no family.  I wish I had more information to relay - her picture is over a year old, and I have not heard of any other kids being adopted from the same orphanage as she is in, or for anyone for any other reason seeing her in person.  I'm not sure what she is sitting in - maybe a swing?  She is so cute with her big blue eyes and blonde hair.

Janie (26)



Janie  (26)
Girl, Born March 8, 2006
So glad to have an updated picture of Janie!  She is blessed to still be at the baby house, but she will remain bedridden for the rest of her life is she is transferred.
Janie is a beautiful little girl who struggles with the effects of FAS.    She also has CP and some effects of hydrocephaly.   She is not able to walk on her own, and will need the loving and patient care of a family to help her achieve her potential.
If you are unfamiliar with FAS, please spend some time researching this condition.  Just as with Down syndrome, FAS and FAE have a wide variation of effects on each child, both medically, physically, and cognitively.   This is typically dependent on how long during the pregnancy the mother consumed alcohol, and of course, how much.   There is no way to know this ahead of time.

$2564.00 is available towards the cost of my adoption!

No comments:

Post a Comment